Monday, December 8, 2014

情書

My recent bedtime reading is Funeral of Flowers (花葬) by Renjo Mikihiko (連城三紀彥).

I get this paperback within a pile of detective fictions that my friend AL gave me before she set off to Zhuhai for her new post. It does not appear to be particularly attractive and, as a result, I put it towards the end of my reading list. Nonetheless, the name Renjo seems familiar - just that I couldn't figure out when and where I encountered it in the past until I started reading it.

Yes, he wrote Koibumi (戀文), which is also known as Love Letter (情書).

The all time classic of Miho Nakayama (中山美穗)!

*******************
But, as I realize later, I was wrong. The story between the two Itsuki Fujii (藤井樹) does not come from Renjo, who wrote, with the same title, a rather cruel story between a broken couple.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet.

No comments: