Sunday, March 15, 2009

Expression

A few of our honorable legislative council members had a seizure attack while the financial secretary was going through the annual financial planning. (They have their point: Although you need to exercise more muscle fibers to move your arm, the number of neuron involved is paradoxically fewer; to most people with an average intelligence, the action is also easier to comprehend.)

No, I shall not comment on their sickness; I am actually more uneasy when seeing (supposedly) well educated medical professions doing a similar kind of thing - and unfortunately I have to see it quite often ever since I was asked to sit in some regular administrative meeting a few years back.

One vivid example is the meeting I attended just now, when two HA consultants and one professor had an hour of absolutely colourful discussion on a personnel matter. I have almost mistaken myself as sitting in the cinema and watching Election of Johnnie To (杜琪峰). (Well, to be fair, the three parties did try to exercise excellent logic and were aware of one simple fact: the enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.) To give you an idea on how hot the environment was, our secretary tried to tape-record the whole discussion for her preparation of the minutes, but she could retrieve nothing from the tape afterwards.

I'm sure the tape was burnt - we could not see the fire because the recorder was simultaneously drowned by the saliva.

PS. Could anyone teach them how to play the board game Diplomacy ?

No comments: