Saturday, December 3, 2016

Again

Shortly after returned from Chicago, I took part in the licensing examination arranged by the Medical Council.

It was a tiring two-day exercise. In the last session, I had the privilege of pairing up with our external examiner, who has the habit of saying a very piece of epilogue to each candidate when the examination is finished: Thank you. See you again.

I kept a polite smile - because I fully understand a candidate would need to see their examiner again only if they fail.

************************
Towards the end of our session, we met a particularly outstanding candidate. (In this case, outstanding means if the candidate were a schoolchild and we teachers, we would certainly ask him to get out of the classroom and stand there for the rest of the day.)

While the candidate was marching out of the examination hall with the standard epilogue, I turned and tole my new friend, "For god sake, I having nothing to thank him, and I certainly do not want to see him again..."

No comments: