Sunday, December 18, 2016

Know

Shortly after the result of the CE Election Committee was out, I had the opportunity to dine with a group of local doctors - from a few senior members of the College to some junior trainees.

As expected, the senior ones led the discussion. PL, a senior consultant who is also the most verbose one, began, "I am really surprised with the result. Being in the field for so long, and knowing so many people, I could only recognize five of the 30 doctors who win the election!"

We were silent for a moment. PL went on, "Szeto, how many of them do you know?"

"Hm... half of them, I suppose."

"How about you, JN?" He turned to a new fellow over the other side of the table.

"Two-third, I think."

"In other words, there is an inverse correlation between the age of a doctor and the degree of support to the successful candidates..." I said to myself.

No comments: