Sunday, December 11, 2016

Comment

I must say I am so impressed by the reply that I lose my nerve.

To begin with, there is little reason for members of the Election Committee to explain to their voters the policy of every candidate running for the Chief Executive - who should explain his plan to the constituency directly. With the Election Committee as the intermediate, all messages become second-hand and are subjected to bias and distortion.

But, above all, if they vote according to the survey, there is little point to choose a bright or capable candidate, because their only task is to conduct the survey. In this case, the only criteria of choosing Election Committee members is integrity - that is, the risk of them to cast a vote against the result of survey.

I shall not elaborate further.

No comments: