Saturday, December 5, 2009

Venus

Soon after my experience with the Jupiter, I was asked which planet I would prefer after the Pluto is taken out from the list of planet for the solar system.

There aren't very many choices, and I would prefer the Venus.

Reasons ? Well, there are a few:
  1. Venus is the brightest planet. (I agree there are times when Jupiter outshines Venus, but on the average the latter gives more light.)
  2. Venus is close to the Earth and, unlike Jupiter (which essentially is a bag of gas), it is a terrestrial planet.
  3. Venus could work both efficiently and leisurely - a day on Venus equals 243 days on Earth, but a year on Venus is 62% of an Earth year.
  4. Above all, I love gold.
PS. Seriously, my opinion is immaterial. The established system of selecting a planet is absolutely democratic: one man, one vote.

I mean only one man could give the vote.

1 comment:

JW said...

Instead of Mars, I think there is stronger need for us to explore Venus.....