Friday, February 25, 2011

Camera

While I was considering what is timeless and eternal, Vivian and I were actually doing the shopping - to find a suitable birthday present for my sister Jenny.

Vivian suggested a new digital camera; I eagerly agreed. My sister was using her previous one for almost ten years, and the gadget did not work very well when she tried to take photos for niece Seraphe.

Which model to choose? Of course I had very little idea. Vivian was actually more familiar with the electronic industry and, as usual, was responsible to do the pick. This time, she actually rang up HJ, a previous colleague of hers who was also an expert of photography.

"Too bad we cannot have the same model as HJ. His suggestion of model X was really superb. It was ideal for taking picture for children - especially by inexperienced users." My wife sighed after putting down the phone.

"Then, why not?" I asked.

"The model was not new now; it has been around for two years." Vivian said.

"I do not comprehend. True, it may not be the newest model, but, as long as it works well and suites our purpose, we don't really need the last model on the market." I replied.

"My dear, not for the electronic industry." My wife murmured.

And she was right: We could not find that model in any store.

No comments: