Sunday, February 27, 2011

Membership

Around the time I finished with the chapter on infectious disease, we held the college membership examination in our hospital.

I would not go through the details of happenings here. My friend VM was the one responsible for the arrangement and everything was remarkably smooth. The only disappointing observation was most of the candidates did not perform well and the passing rate was very low.

And, there comes the interesting difference in opinion: When I told all these to my friends CB and KM, they all agreed we need to brush up our candidates and improve the postgraduate training. But, when I mentioned this to PL - our College secretary - he just worried that with such a difficult examination, even fewer fresh graduates would like to take up a training in internal medicine !

I can only say they both have a point.

PS. One possibility that I did not exclude was the cases we put up were too difficult.

Of course, the simulated scenarios were provided by the College and we claimed no responsibility.

And, to my surprise, our man from Jupiter told me later in the week that our external examiners actually reported to the College that our cases were too easy !

No comments: