Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Inception

While I was reflecting the impact of psychology on our behaviour, it was the Lunar new year holiday; I had a brief moment of free time and took the opportunity to watch Inception. (Vivian borrowed the DVD from a friend of hers.)

I must say I was fully (or probably) primed in advance and know about the plot. The result was I found the story much less complicated than I expected. Yes, it was an exciting and enjoyable three-hours (and I found Ellen Page very lovely), but the story lacked a bit of substance. It became a showcase of Christopher Nolan - or, really, his technique, but there could exist a more profound meaning and lasting message.

Like what The Matrix achieved.

PS. The very task that Leonardo DiCaprio was asked to do was to implant an idea into the subconscious mind of his target. This is the most difficult mission, this is the easiest deed - depending on how you see it.

No comments: