Saturday, August 27, 2011

Self

The lunch was, in itself, an enjoyable one.

Unlike the days when we were trainees, it has actually been a long time before the few of us were out for lunch together - a somewhat sobering phenomenon, implying that our quality of life has not improved as we become more senior.

On our way back, LS and JW also shared the same opinion.

"You know, I am busy enough in the hospital," LS sighed, "But I have not finished with a day's work when I get home. It is equally, if not more, tiring to take care of my sons!"

"Same here. In fact I decide to keep a short period of private time for myself everyday." JW said, "What I do is to go for swimming for 20 minutes each day after work."

"Alas, I wake up 30 minutes earlier each day and do jogging - it's healthy and quite refreshing before starting a day's work," LS nodded, and she turned to me, "How about you? I don't think you do any exercise - oh, yes, you write blogs."

"Oh, I usually write my blog on weekend," I put up a bitter smile, "But I have 30 minutes bedtime reading every evening after my princess go to bed."

And true, we all need a brief moment each day to rediscover ourselves.

No comments: