Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Story

Some of you may be amazed to find my status on Facebook last Saturday:

"My magic wand would not work - There's nothing in the world that could work against the magic of time."

It's a citation from a Disney story book. Well, I was responding to the International Reading Week (國際閱讀週), which seems more likely a hoax on the internet rather than a genuine global activity to promote reading.

I encountered this when I looked up my Facebook - while I was waiting for Euterpe for her weekly music class. I was reading One Hundred Classical Stories from Walt Disney - Silver Collection, and, naturally, I turned to page #56 and put down the 5th sentence on my Facebook status.

You may ask, "Why do you read this book?"

The answer is simple: To read up some suitable stories so that I could tell my daughter before she goes to bed.

Yes, that may be a trivial issue to an onlooker - but it is one of the most important daily activities of my princess, and, like every matter in our life, we can do well only if we take it seriously.

1 comment:

JW said...

Oh I see. I thought that's Euterpe's reading.