Sunday, August 1, 2010

Delivery

The weekend passed quickly, and my wife was admitted for the delivery of our second baby.

To me, it is no less excited as compared to the time when Euterpe was born – although Vivian is better prepared this time and the wound is much less painful.

****************************

Many of you know that I have a personal interest in Chinese astrology. You may wonder: Did I choose a particular date and time for the delivery ?

Well, yes and no. I picked two or three particularly bad days to avoid, and then left the final decision to our obstetrician.

But, when I was waiting to witness the Cesarean section, I met another five fathers-to-be – all having their babies to be delivered at the same time. All of a sudden I realized that, although these children – and thousands of others all over the world, with very different backgrounds – have the same astrological signature, it would be impossible for them to have an identical fate.

There are better times to be superstitious.

No comments: