Friday, November 5, 2010

Clinic

Many of my colleagues are still trying to adapt their life in the new hospital block. There are, no doubt, many problems - some are silly, some more serious. I shall not join and point finger to our extra-terrestrial friends. Nonetheless, a casual chat with my friend C was illuminating.

****************************

"I shall move later when I have a new chair. You know, many of us do not even have a chair in our new office," my friend sighed.

"Why don't we buy some ?" I was curious.

"Jove, who's going to pay for them ?"

"Of course the department ! Many of us are seeing private cases, and part of the income goes to the department central fund. The money is meant to be used for the welfare of our colleagues," I said.

"Oh, don't you know that we have used the fund to cover up our budget deficit last year?" C was slightly excited.

"But that's not the original purpose of having such a fund!" I was surprised, "and, if that's the case, who would have the incentive to see private case?"

"None and never," my friend continued, "That's why we find it unbelievable to set up - in the near future - a semi-private clinic for government servant."

"Alas, I suppose the clinic is named after Pandora," I said to myself.

No comments: