Monday, November 1, 2010

Articles

In that afternoon I met WG - my previous PhD student who happened to be in Hong Kong. (For our relation, see http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2008/06/wg.html)

"How are you recently ?" I feel really warm to see my student becoming my trusted friend and collaborator.

"So so," he was cautious, "Well, have you read the recent paper in Nature ?"

"You mean the one by Daniel Chitwood and Marja Timmermans on microRNA ? Yes, that's interesting." I said, referring to the review article Small RNAs are on the move, which discussed a topic that WG and I had long for doing some research together. (See Nature 23 September 2010, p 415.)

"No. I mean the story of Fang Shimin." WG said.

"Oh, I see what you mean ..." I was sympathetic, reflecting the problem now faced by my friend, "The title is Brawl in Beijing, written by David Cyranoski." (See Nature 30 September 2010, p 511.)

"You know, it is often difficult for people like me to do serious scientific work." He sighed.

"And, even if you did, it is unlikely to convince other people. In fact, you should also read Strong medicine for China’s journals by the same author." I said grimly. (See Nature 16 September 2010, p 261.)

No comments: