Saturday, January 5, 2008

Diary

I am recently struggling whether I should continue to write diary - after I start writing the blog. On a first glance, it seems a waste of effort.

Nonetheless, I realize I do not write the same thing on the two. As KM says, our blog is a wardrobe to display the best clothes - to friends and, if you like, peepers; diary is for our secret self. It is always an enjoyable experience to read our own diary - not really for the pleasure of reading but for the very catalyst to bring back old memory, usually with boring details turned fast-forward and bitter stories sweetened. After all, what can we really earn from this world besides memory ?

Ayako Miura (三浦綾子) once said: a person who has continued to write diary for 5 years - because of his persistence and determination - would be successful in some aspect of his life. Alas, I don't need to be successful in four aspects (or more); some flash-back when I become demented is a treasure on its own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reading your blog is another kind of education to us - med students.

In fact, thoughts will be much more important for a person to be an individual. We read too much, but not think enough. Your posts stimulate our thinking, or for mine, at least.

It's happy to see some thoughts we have thought about for some time, but not have the courage to say it out, were seen here!