Thursday, April 17, 2008

長假

By some coincidence, I watch the Japanese TV series Long Vocation in a Sunday afternoon. This is the second time I watch this classic – and it was over 10 years ago.

That was the time shortly before I set off to Britol for training. I was in the middle of my career and everything seemed coming to a dead end. There wasn’t even a plan where I was going to work at after I came back.

It was all because of Tomoko Yamaguchi (山口智子). “When the time is not favorable, just step back and take it as a long vacation.” With this, I left. (And I was lucky enough to enjoy in Bristol the most peaceful year in my life.)

PS. Contrary to what you imagine, I brought with me just a few books to Britian. Here are all of them:
  1. Rose & Black's Clinical Problems in Nephrology
  2. Clinical Dialysis (by Allen Nissenson)
  3. Janeway’s Immunobiology
  4. 史記(白話版)

No comments: