Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Examiner

(This blog was written on 20 March 2008. I deliberately deferred the post to 2 April.)

Appreciating the examiner list of our third year medical OSCE. It is hard work to do a 4-hour clinical examination, and I find most participants young and enthusiastic. You know what, amongst the 7 chair professors within the department, the name of only one appears on the list.

Ironically we hold the department board meeting earlier today. Teaching is a big thing. "We should do this" and "we should do that". I suddenly understand why Gongsun Long (公孫龍) said a white horse is not a horse (白馬非馬) - because "I" am not one of the "we" either.

PS. I cannot recollect who told me this very fact: you do not judge people by what they say, but by what they actually do.

2 comments:

KM Chow said...

"Pay less attention to what men say. Just watch what they do."

This comes from the Dale Carnegie.

EW said...

all i can say is to wish you a chair soon - so you wont have to share this mundane task with a 1st year BPTs.

did i hear a pandora box opened?