Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Quality

Every time when I think of the King's surprise attack, I could not help disagreeing.

Shouldn't we base only on a candidate's performance to determine his result, and do away with ethical judgement on what he does in the spare time ?

Some of you may argue we need to have doctors with an acceptable standard of ethics. That's certainly true. However, professionalism is often independent of one's private life - a competent and caring doctor during office hour may still like to mix up with women (or men, no discrimination here) or ill-treat his father the rest of the time. If identified before he is graduated, should the medical school take any action and terminate his study ?

And that's the time I become schizophrenic. My neocortex says no, but my limbic system obviously opts otherwise. (Alas, not to say sex scandals, but merely to some student with golden hair. See http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-post_19.html)

I shall not elaborate any further.

PS. I am always skeptical to anyone who claim to represent (or exercise) justice - not only because I am not sure if objective justice does exist, but, more importantly, because a belief of this kind is the single most potent mutagen (and teratogen) to human neuron.

The result has been extensively published in textbooks of world history, as well as millions of tombstones in Siberia and its south.

No comments: