Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Secret

One subtle news that caught my attention recently was the claim of finding Noah's Ark (again) in Mount Ararat of Turkey.

I must say I am a non-believer (which has a fine line of difference from atheist; I shall not elaborate) and should not be too excited. Nonetheless, I was. And an entirely different story flashed back in my mind.

*******************************

Fans of cola would know that Coke has a slightly different (or, you may say, attractive) taste from versions by other companies. It is widely recognized that the Coca-Cola company has a secret recipe, known only to a few senior executives, which gives its distinct taste. To add to the mystery, that few persons (probably 2 or 3) are not allowed to stay in the same hotel, or travel or dine together - so that if anything disaster happens, the formula would not be lost.

It sounds terrific, eh ? But, if you have the chance of taking a peep on the recipe, it may not be at all surprising - the attractive taste comes from our hope of enjoying a drink with some secret, rather than any physical substance in it.

A marketing strategy.

No comments: