Friday, July 2, 2010

Communication

(Some recent communications with a young colleague. I suppose it is timely to put them on my blog.)

*****************************

... I find that even I have recited the houseman handbook for MB and still retained some of the content, I have difficulty in real life application. I wonder how and what I can do to improve as soon as possible? ...

Best regards,

*****************************

... Seriously I have no concrete answer. My advise on tactic is, after seeing each patient, to ask yourself to state your conclusion in the case notes before writing down treatment order. That would usually clear up your mind and avoid many illogical doings.

From a strategic point of view, it would be useful to remind yourself: If this is something I have to do a year later as a junior MO, I shall make sure I could do it now...

Szeto

No comments: