Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gurudakshina

While thumbing through the pages of Nature, I found a familiar name.

That's PT.

(For our relation, see http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2010/02/prosector.html)

My feeling is difficult to describe. What a happy surprise to find your previous teacher - and a highly respected one - to be in good health, excel in his field, and be invited to write a review article for that very journal ! It has been over 20 years since I last saw him, and he has moved from London to another corner of the globe - pursuing the same topic of research, and in a much more sophisticated manner. (I look up in the PubMed and found many brilliant articles of his team, in almost every good journal, you name it.)

Maybe I could express what I wish to do with a word that I newly learnt: Gurudakshina.

No comments: