Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fire

Another topic that TW and I discussed in length was cookery. After knowing her for some 18 years, I was absolutely surprised to know she began to prepare dinner for her husband.

And, I must admit I laughed up my sleeve when she asked questions like "How could I fry a piece of pork chop ?"

*************************

The next morning, I met AL. This is the first time after our man from Pluto moved his office.

My friend looked content as ever.

"You know, I just realize Queen Marie Antoinette may not be that malicious - he is just innocent."

"Oh, I think he's quite ambitious?" I knew what she meant.

"He may be," AL smiled, "but he's quite incapable of playing the game."

"How do you know?"

"From how he fired that piece of pork chop."

For a moment I had a déjà vu feeling of my conversion with TW yesterday.

"Oh, the problem is, he did not want to fire it from the very beginning - all he wanted to do was removing it from the top shelf of the freezer. But, he decided to turn on the gas and put the target on a pan for ages. By the time it was handed to me, the whole business was a piece of charcoal !"

I made a wicked smile, "Doesn't he know we could simply talk to a piece of meat, or, more simply, give it some hot potato in order to defrost it?"

My salute to Donald.

1 comment:

TW said...

Why you think asking how to fry the porkchop laughable? My husband said it is "advance level cooking" wor! He must be referring to me only.