Thursday, March 17, 2011

Couple

The house of that old couple living at the far side of the village collapsed.

Like many of you, I live in this village of a hundred people. Although I visited their house once or twice in the past (and a very lovely one I must say, full of artistic antiques and natural wonders), I am no close acquaintance with them.

There were rumours that their parents were children of my family but they just ran away and set up their own house. I'm not sure how true it is, but my mother does not like them: When this couple were young, they were rude to us and, on several occasions, set fire on the others' houses. Some years later, they were less mad, but remained an arrogant duet after earning much money from their business.

But, the time has changed. The couple's company was less prolific in the recent years. Although they still appeared decent, I am sure they were having a hard time even before their house collapsed. However, tough time is the best test for the character of a people - and, in them, I see a hardworking and meticulous husband together with a polite but determined wife. I suddenly realize I have forgiven their wrongdoings in the past and our arguments recently. We are actually close to each other in this village.

I am not religious, but I shall pray for them.

No comments: