Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Exclude

After the lunch, I received message from BT about the questions for the coming final examination. All of a sudden I recollect a email communication between us some years ago on the same topic.

Here you go:

*****************************

Dear colleagues,

As in previous years I have been asked to coordinate the MCQs and short notes questions for the final MB examination. I would therefore like to request that each Division should submit some new MCQs and a “short notes question” with a model answer as soon as possible.
I have obtained some MCQ questions from the database. Please select some MCQ questions that cover the areas of teaching in your Division ...

Best regards, et cetera.

*****************************

Dear Professor,

Please see the enclosed file. The few questions I highlighted in purple are NOT appropriate (usually because they are outside the scope of nephrology). For the rest and majority, they may not have been directly taught in our curriculum but are all reasonable for final MB examination. Thanks a lot.

Szeto

PS. I believe we are not supposed to test how much the students have learnt from our teaching, but how good they would be as a doctor.

No comments: