Thursday, April 28, 2011

Barber

The week passed quickly and I sneaked the chance on the first day of Easter Holiday to visit my barber.

To my horror, the place was closed. I was sure the place was not merely closed for holiday but was permanently off business: The traditional red-white-blue shop pole had been removed.

Some of you may know I visited the same barber for over thirty years. (See http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2009/01/sixteen.html)

Why am I so loyal? Simple, my barber speaks very little.

Here is the usual conversation between us:

"As usual ?"
"Yes."
"Going back to work afterwards?"
"Yes."

And, that's done - not a single word until I leave the shop. I am sure he is not born to have a quiet personality. In fact, he chats quite a lot with other customers - just that he knows I am autistic and therefore decides to respect my disability.

Another piece of the good old memory vanished.

No comments: