Thursday, April 21, 2011

Victorinox

While I was still reflecting the implication of voting for the truth, I went to Singapore for another short meeting.

Although I did not have any jet lag, it was really a rush to stay in my home city for two days and set off again. In fact, I only partly unpacked my luggage on Tuesday night and put back a few necessities on Thursday.

Alas, there came the problem. I arrived at the airport on time, got my boarding pass, and tried to went through the security check.

And, there, I was caught – there was a small knife in my hand-carry.

I was dumbfounded. After a few seconds of silence, I was back to myself, and my heart sank: that’s my Victorinox card - a little present that Vivian bought me when we had honeymoon in Lucerne.

I said to the friendly officer, “Oh, that’s my Victorinox.”

She nodded, and sneaked it out from my bag.

“We shall keep it for the moment. When are you coming back?” She asked.

I gave her the detail; she told me I could claim back the item from the airline office by the time I return – or within two weeks.

My heart went further down. My return flight would arrive by midnight, when the airline office has long closed. For obvious reasons I have no time to go back to the airport and get it back in the following weeks.

What should I do? After a brief moment of consideration I made the decision: It's better to give up the card and use the time to stay with my wife.

No comments: