Friday, March 2, 2012

Inbox


Although I found the tardy response of my friend from Saturn remarkable, when I told the story to some colleagues of mine, they were less impressed.

“There’s nothing funny – I have the same problem.” KM said.

That may be true, but the scale of the problem is different – and it’s probably a log-scale actually. Nonetheless, I respected the introspection of our great teacher and asked, “In that case, why do you have such a problem?”

“The question should really be why could someone haven’t got such a problem. You simply lose track on some of the mails in your inbox.” My friend seemed talking about the weather or other natural phenomenon that needs no explanation.

“But, that can’t be true. Do you mean you keep mails in the inbox?” I was surprised.

My friend said nothing – he replied by a curious smile. In no time I realized I asked a wrong question. Obviously most people use their inbox as the filing cabinet – just like they put piles of documents and books on their desk. The rare exceptions, such as some malicious nephrologist, are known as the clear-desk man.

Well, maybe we should call them the clear inbox man in the era of AGAF.

PS. AGAF stands for Apple, Google, Amazon and Facebook.

No comments: