Thursday, March 1, 2012

Reply


Receive a email from H – a lovely creature who lives on Saturn, and I am amazed to find how slow that planet is moving.

The story goes like this: Some six weeks ago, a remote acquaintance of mine asked for my opinion on a personal medical matter, but the question was entirely out of my capability. For that reason, I wrote to H, who is supposed to be the world expert on that area.

And, in the following weeks, I heard nothing in return. For a moment I suspect Saturn is actually a black hole in disguise. Soon afterwards I realized there was a rebellion on that planet. Everyone was against the man who won the election but none would like to be the Prime Minister himself.

I came to the conclusion that a reply would never come.

And, then, here it is – in my Gmail inbox, carefully written in the font of Arial Compact size 8 – an excellent reflection of H’s profession as well as his personality.

That and there, I decided not to further complain all the other lower existence on that planet when they do not come to see our consultations on time.

1 comment:

JW said...

Szeto,
For your information. It takes 29.4 Earth years to complete an orbit around the Sun.