Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vote


Shortly after I discussed leadership with S, I voted on-line for a hot topic of our city.

I announced it on my Facebook, and, to my surprise, I received some two dozens of Likes within one day – a record of all my status updates.

But, my friends, don’t be too excited. What if I tell you I voted for CY?

I really should – for very good reasons.

To begin with, I am probably against general election, and I suppose CY will try his best and prevent it from happening. (As to my reasons for not supporting a general election, please refer to http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2010/05/vote.html and related blog entries.)

Second, I believe we need someone from the Communist Party to take charge. In that case we do not have to worry whether a government policy is in line with the higher opinion, because our CE is one of them. (Isn’t that the reason why so many people support another Mr. Tsang to run for the election?)

PS. It is immaterial whom I actually voted. To me, the sobering truth is, even in the setting of general election and a bias towards young and liberal voters, the Pigeon Party lost badly, and that Mr. Ho did not even attempt to win the virtual game.

As Confucius said: 赤也為之小,敦能為之大?

No comments: