Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spaghetti


Attended a lunch time meeting on some business matter.

The discussion was, as expected, curative for insomnia. The rare happening was I finished with my morning duty slightly early, and had time to study my lunch carefully.

It was a (take-away) box of spaghetti.

No, there’s nothing wrong with the Italian noodle – in fact, it was surprisingly tasty. I was, however, thoroughly impressed with the equipment provided for the consumption of my lunch.

It was a pair of chopsticks.

For a moment I had the paranoid idea that the manager of our hospital canteen was a regular visitor of this site and had read about my obsession of using that very pair of tiny ivory craftwork for eating rice (see http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2011/11/chopstick.html).

PS. You may think I was picking bones from an egg; if I prefer eating chow mein by chopsticks, why on earth should I ask for a fork in the case of spaghetti?

Very true indeed. Nonetheless, I’m afraid this is the rare occasion where I agree respecting different cultures is a virtue.

No comments: