Monday, November 25, 2013

Nexus

I end up buying a second generation Google Nexus 7 from a local on-line store.

When I come to think about it, the process of buying is in itself remarkable. To cut the long story short, I set off with a decision to choose one of the common mini-tablets with a screen of 7 to 8 inches. Basically, there are four on the list: iPad mini, Samsung Notes, Nexus, and Kindle Fire; each has their own edges as well as problems.

But, rather than going to one of the chain stores for electronic devices and listen to what the salesperson say, I search from the internet to compare their technical specifications and details. In addition, I look up the YouTuble - there are dozens of videos that compare one device versus another, and many more that talk about the tips and tricks of using each of them. The final choice of Nexus is, therefore, a calm and careful decision. To use the jargon of psychologist, the experience of purchasing is far much better than going to a flesh-and-blood store in person.

Our shopping behaviour has changed - and I come to realize why Tmall is so successful.

No comments: