Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Trotter

A recent obituary that caught my attention is the death of Charlie Trotter.

For those who are not familiar with cookery, Trotter was an American Chef who owned the Michelin two-star restaurant Charlie Trotter’s in Chicago. He also appeared in the TV show The Kitchen Sessions with Charlie Trotter, which I first watched in 2005 and was immediately impressed by his orderly method and meticulous details.

“If there is reincarnation and Hercule Poirot turns into a cook, it must be him.” I said to myself.

Two years ago, I had the opportunity of staying in Chicago for a few days. I was almost courageous enough to book a table and dine alone at Charlie Trotter’s. In retrospect, that’s really a pity – the restaurant closed down last September.

Nonethless, to me, the famous chef survived by two cookbooks of his on my shelf: The Kitchen Sessions with Charlie Trotter and Charlie Trotter Cooks at Home.

RIP.

No comments: