Thursday, November 14, 2013

Resign

Met L on my way home. In addition to many remarkable characters, he is also the lord of the grapevine.

“You know, WT just resigned.”

I know WT; he is a surgeon who was promoted from one hospital to another not too long ago.

“Alas, is he screwed up by his warrant trading, or is it because of a new exquisite apartment that he buys?” I smiled.

“Neither. He has a series of so-called unfortunate incidents in the past few months, and his boss is less than forgiving. In short, he is resigned – in an elegantly executed passive voice.”

“But, how could that happen? I mean, I don’t think I heard of any problem with his surgical technique in the past. Why on earth does he have so much trouble in the new hospital?” I was puzzled.

(To be continued.)

No comments: