Thursday, March 27, 2014

Breakfast

I arrived at the campus over half an hour before my session started, and I decided to had my breakfast first.

In the canteen of the medical school, of course.

Once again, this was the first time I had breakfast here since I left the campus and began my clinical years. As a person with obsessive personality, I was a daily customer of this little bistro throughout my second-year when I resided in the hostel. My standard order in those days was bacon and eggs (with sunny side up), bun with butter, and coffee or lemon tea.

And, this time, 25 or 26 years later, I found myself making the same order. Nonetheless, things changed, for good or otherwise. The bacon was a different brand. There was no sunny side of the eggs - the yolk was hidden in the white like what we have from the McDonald's.

Well, I changed, too. It used to be cream and sugar in my coffee. Now, milk alone seems too sweet for my teeth.

As the old Latin proverb: Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis.

In Chinese, it got to be: 韶華變易,吾且與時並進。

No comments: