Thursday, March 13, 2014

Reasons

While I was digesting the lesson I learnt from the problem of morale, H – a young consultant working in another hospital and a good friend of Vivian – rang up my wife and had a long chat.

I asked Vivian when her telephone discussion was over, “My dear, what’s up?”

“H was asking for my advise. Well, she may just be asking for a listener,” my wife said, “She is planning to resign.”

“Really? What’s gone wrong?” I was truly surprised. From what I know, H should be the last person to join the private market: She is a tough person, her boss has great hope on her, and she is not in need of money.

“You know, her juniors are a remarkable lot. They like to have their own way to do things and never listen to H.”

"I see..."

And I come to realize even relatively senior people could have a low morale for many reasons.

No comments: