Friday, March 28, 2014

Changed

Talking about the canteen of our medical school, there is a remarkable story I hear from my classmates.

It goes like this: A few years ago, shortly after the tragedy of Mr. Ching, the previous principal prosector of our Faculty (see http://ccszeto.blogspot.hk/2010/02/prosector.html and the related post), one of my classmates paid a short visit to the canteen. To his surprise, the owner of the canteen – who used to chat with we medical students while we were lining up for lunch – was there.

“Why!” My classmate exclaimed, “It’s amazing to meet you again. It’s over twenty years since I was last here, and you don’t appear to be a day older!”

“Em…” the middle age man looked embarrassed, “I suppose you are talking about my father, who has recently retired. I inherit the canteen from him…”

PS. I am quite sure the story is fake; an almost identical scene appeared in Stephen Chow’s classical comedy From Beijing With Love (國產凌凌漆).

No comments: