Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Aspiration

A few days after Vivian and I bought some children’s books for Adler, I had the rare opportunity of lunching with my colleagues. We were celebrating the birthdays of LS, AK and BK, which were all, by coincidence, a few days apart.

As you would expect, our discussion came to our kids in no time.

“You know, a few months ago, when I asked my son what he would like to do when he grows up, he gave the answer of Premier League football player!” VM began. I believe he was referring to his younger son, who is a secondary school student.

“That’s not too bad,” LY smiled, “To say the least, he has an aspiration. Many university students still have no idea what they want to do!”

“Yes, but, as a father, how could a football player make a living?” The professor of neurology sighed.

No comments: