Saturday, September 27, 2014

Support

I remained silent for a moment, and then I said slowly, “My friend, you really sound like our King of the Round Table.”

“Do I? That’s a compliment to me. Well, as to what he recently said to the media, I may not entirely agree. Nonetheless, our fellow students may be a trace too harsh to the old surgeon. As I am getting gold, I think I could understand his feeling.”

“Yes…?”

“Let me explain in a convoluted manner by asking you a hypothetical question: If Euterpe is now 17 rather than 7-year-old, and she asks you to write for her a letter to her school principal so that she could join the class boycott, what are you going to do?”

That’s a difficult nut to crack. I considered for a short while before giving a response, “I shall ask her to explain clearly to me what she is doing and why she is doing this. If she could give a solid answer to both, I shall be all supportive – even though I may not agree with her idea.”

No comments: