Friday, September 26, 2014

Boycott

Met my friend L on my way home. As always, I tried to induce the old nerd to talk a bit more.

“My friend, what do you think about the class boycott this week?” I asked.

“Alas, go away, serpent! And take away the apple!” He burst out in a smiling face, “Why, as you always say, I do not need to have an opinion in this matter.”

“No, you do not need to, but nevertheless you have one – just like you don’t need to wear a tie to go to work but you always put on one.” I smiled back, “Friend, let’s be frank. What do you think?”

“Em… I think they have very good tactics but their strategy is slightly more controversial – although I’m not sure what better strategy they could adopt.”

“Do you mean the arrangement of the boycott is smooth but you do not think they could achieve what they want?” I asked, trying to translate what L said into layman language, "That view is not entirely exciting."

"Oh, why should it be? I am not bound to please thee with my answers."

No comments: