Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Food

Another remarkable aspect of Madrid is the city is full of interesting restaurants and good food.

Except an early morning business meeting (from 7 AM!), I had breakfast in the hotel, and my favorite combination is a piece of tortilla plus some Spanish ham. In essence, the former is a kind of scrambled egg mixed with meshed potato. There is also a trace of minced bacon inside which adds to the flavor. Spanish ham? Oh, it’s never enough.

The Speakers’ Dinner was nothing but an endless supply of drinks, snacks, and tapas. To be honest, the food was excellent. My only disappointment is it was a standing dinner – a torture to ladies on high-heels as well as old people like me. My sister Jenny told me later that it is a custom of European hosts to serve standing dinner. Em… they should have told us in advance so that we could be better prepared – in terms of footwear as well as psychologically.

No comments: