Monday, September 15, 2008

Holiday

Vivian was back for a holiday and we planned to pay a visit to a local theme park with Euterpe. Just before we set off, my mother-in-law fainted and collapsed, and we ended up having a day trip to a regional hospital.

Thank goodness there seemed nothing serious. As a tough surgeon who went through all the difficult times during the Cultural Revolution (in Beijing !), my half-mother rested in the emergency ward for several hours and went home in the evening - to continue with all her housework.

While she was under observation in the hospital, the three of us (Vivian, my father-in-law, and myself) lunched in Sister Wah - it is a small restaurant famous for brisket. In fact, I planned to try her brisket noodle for some time (probably in one convenient afternoon while Vivian is in Osaka), but would never imagine things turned out like this.

Life is often the pursue of some rest and pleasure on a gloomy day.

No comments: