Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Code

Attended the presentation of our students' research projects; I was one of the judges this year.

(It used to be BT, who happened to be out of town this time.)

After the poster viewing, we moved to the auditorium and several groups of students were chosen for a oral presentation. I sat in the front row.

My immediate question was: How could I write down the score of each presentation while being surrounded by a crowd of youngsters ?

(It's not for confidential or privacy reasons; just that I didn't want the score of those previous groups affecting the presentation of the subsequent ones.)

I decided to write down the score as follows:
  • sky
  • pond
  • fire
  • thunder
  • wind
  • water
  • mountain
  • earth
You do not comprehend what they mean ? Of course, they are in fact Chinese numbers in binary code.

I learn it from I Ching (易經).

No comments: