Sunday, February 7, 2010

Consequence

I was a little surprised to find so many of my friends supporting an open book examination for our medical students.

You know what, after that blog, I actually gave some thought and considered how that could actually work out. Should we limit the number of book to be brought by each student, or limit the total weight of the books ? Do we accept books enriched with sticky notes and handwriting ? How about lecture notes ? Again, do we limit the number of pages or the weight ? If we go for further, who is going to count, and do we count those tiny sticky note papers ?

(I would go mad once I begin to think of allowing computers.)

Of course it is all because of my paranoid personality. One can always follow examples (say, examination of law students) and, to begin with, allow one book - which could include a reasonable number of sticky notes and handwritten material.

As a believer of the game theory, my next question is: How would that affect the behaviour of our students ?

I give you a day to imagine.

No comments: