Saturday, February 6, 2010

Moleskine

There is a recent recrudescence of interest in using the traditional Moleskine notebook. Chua Lam (蔡瀾) mentioned it in his daily column, and a little friend of us actually posted a video clip that compares iPhone and Moleskine in his Facebook wall.

I was so impressed that I almost rushed to order a new Moleskine on line.

I gave up at the last minute, when I remembered there is already a hard-cover notebook in my pocket. Although I still carry with it everywhere I go, my need of referring to it has dropped to almost zero: I have so many appointments (and they keep changing) that I am forced to organize my activity in the Google calender (which synchronizes with my iPhone). A similar problem - and resolution - happened to my contacts. I used to write down some ad hoc ideas and things to do on the notebook, but now I prefer typing them electronically (because of my deteriorating handwriting).

Alas, now the only thing that I refer to my notebook is to check on the equation for the calculation of glomerular filtration rate - which I use so often but could never remember.

PS. After my urge to buy a Moleskine, I actually bought a little notepad software for my iPhone - paid by my remuneration for my chapters in the department textbook.

No comments: