Thursday, February 11, 2010

Election

To begin with, I must declare I am against a general election.

Specifically, I'm against electing the head of a government by a system of one-person-one-vote of all the citizens. (I have not such a strong opinion against the concept that every one has the right to vote for some representative in the parliament or legislative council. That's another story.)

And, for that reason, I am disappointed with the recent so-called modified referendum. Our by-their-name supporters to democracy do not consider the single prerequisite of referendum or democracy: to give a choice of expressing the opposite opinion.

In other words, I could not come out and vote against a general election. (Their naive idea is everyone who vote must be supporting their proposal - I am not.)

You may argue it's not their fault - all of the nominal communists refuse to join the game, so that there is no choice. But, may I remind you, from the very beginning our "democratic" friends did not consider the possibility of a single vote against general election, and therefore they proposed to use the voter turnout as the marker of success. Opposition ? Please keep your mouth shut at home.

PS. More importantly, while planning the modified referendum, couldn't they anticipate the few possible strategies that the other side would take, and plan according actions ? (By definition, your enemy would not follow the rule that you prefer.) If our creme de la creme experts in politics do not comprehend the basic rules of game theory and could not plan things ahead carefully, how could we rely on them to take care of our city ?

2 comments:

JW said...

投廢票 is an alternative way to express one's disagreement in this system.

TW said...

Agree, I will 投廢票 , I will draw a big turtle on the voting paper.