Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hour

During a casual chat, Vivian made a remark, rather suddenly, "You know, many of the front line doctors are seriously re-thinking about our support to LK - our representative in the noble council."

I was surprised. Well, I must say I myself don't need to re-think because I was never LK's supporter. (See http://ccszeto.blogspot.com/2008/08/pips.html, wrote at the time when he was running for the council.) Nonetheless, I could see nothing he was doing wrong recently, and many doctors of the younger generation would, I suspect, need his voice to prevent employing too many overseas graduates by the limited practising licence.

I told my wife what I thought.

And, in no time, she replied, "It's all about the maximum working hour business."

"How could that be? He has been working on that for ages; everyone knows that, and I believe most of the new generation doctors welcome the idea ?" I was slightly incredulous.

"That was the case - until the drawback comes to the surface recently." My wife said.

(To be continued.)

No comments: