Friday, June 3, 2011

Stone

(The story did not end there. GY wrote to KL two days later.)

Dear KL,

I saw 4 of these students today (except the one who used the i-Phone take my Excel sheet in "secret"). The lady student that sprained her ankle walked in with a clutch, handing in to me her sick leave written by a TCM doctor. She said bone setters (鐵打) worked better for her.

I now can finally recall there should be 1 male and 4 female students in my group. The male students were absent twice in the first two weeks and one of the lady students sprained her ankle this week.

I already informed that similar wording as my e-mail below. Warren told me to send my e-mail content below to Blog so that other students know of it. I do humbly think that this is even more educational and effective than a formal reprimand. However, I shall abide with your kind judgement and decision.

GY

*****************************

Hi GY,

Apologies for the delay because I am still out of town. Please ask my secretary to arrange these students to see me next week. I need to give them a formal warning after I have returned to my office.

Best,
KL (in Oxford)

*****************************

(As always, the response from that malacious nephrologist was late and indirect.)

Dear GY,

I believe you should follow KL's advise and not rely on my indirect means. Social justice should never replace the court order, otherwise we shall soon see people throwing stones to a criminal suspect before sufficient evidence is surmounted.

S

*****************************

But, as you see, I could not resist the temptation of throwing stones.

No comments: