Wednesday, June 1, 2011

SSM

It was the last day of my friend and colleague GY yesterday.

A few weeks before he left, there was an impressive email communication between him and several of us. I promised I would only put it up after he had formally left the university.

Here you go:

********************************

(From a student under GY's supervision of the Special Study Module.)

Dear Doctor,

I am writing to apologize for my absence today at the SSM meeting. It is due to the fact that I twisted my foot on Monday during tennis, so I have not been able to walk since.

I will continue working on our SSM at home and I think the foot will heal by next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

With regards, et cetera.

********************************

Dear student,

Many thanks for letting me lately of your absence. As you know this is the third discussion meeting since the start of this project and I have not yet seen you in person.

In addition, there was no reasonable excuse / explanation of your absence in the first two meetings. This has indeed given me an impression that you are not too keen in this project or working as a team with your fellow students. Remember, you and your colleagues chose this topic at your own will as your SSM project. If you're not so interested in it, why did you choose it in the first place since nobody forced you to do so?

Please try to show up in our next scheduled meeting next week, pending confirmation with your other colleagues.

GY

No comments: