Friday, June 24, 2011

Question

(A letter written to my friend Warren recently.)

Dear Professor,

I am a newly graduated med student from CUHK, and I was very grateful that you gave us such a useful talk on investment after our white coat party.

In fact, I have a question that I was too shy to ask during the Q and A section, but it is an very important question to me, so I decided to send you an email to ask about it.

(But I would not hesitate to share your advise to my classmate afterwards!! The most embarrassing part is the asking!)

I am planning to get married in third year MO, and my other half is a civil servant with monthly income of about $24000. I predict we would need a 250K budget for the wedding, and would need somewhere to live in. I have a debt of about 100K, of which 40K was grant loan, and the others lent from my family, and I have no savings at all. I do not have to support my family financially but I would not be supported by them as well. How would you advice on the investment plan outline so as to achieve our goal?

Thanks very much for your advise!

Regards, et cetera.

1 comment:

TW said...

My advice is: cut the 250k budget wedding, o徙氣!