Friday, December 16, 2011

Question

I am sure many of our HPTs of other specialties would not agree with me and our local board examination is not always easy - at least for a few highly celebrated specialties.

************************

Just a few days ago, I met L outside the ward. He caught me in my arm and said, "You know, quite a few candidates failed in the XXX board examination last week."

"That's not news. This is one of the most difficult specialty - at least in terms of board examination," I smiled.

"Have you heard of the questions?" My friend asked.

"Of course not. What's so interesting?"

"They asked details of specific clinical studies, and the latest FDA precautions of several medications..."

"As usual, I would say the problem is in the examiners rather than candidates." I remarked, "There is no point to recite all those specific figures from clinical trials, and even less value to remember word-by-word the FDA documents - they keep changing everyday!"

Alas, there must be pearls that can stand time hiding under the sea of information. The painful truth is neither could wisdom be taught nor examined. 

No comments: